Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cheesy Quinoa Patties

These great tasting patties are my go to when I have some left over quinoa in the fridge.  They are so easy to make, and you can manipulate the recipe to suit your likes, or desires.

This is how I make them.

Mix in a bowl:

  • 2 Cups of cooked quinoa
  • 1 Cup of bread crumbs or crushed crackers
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Cup of shredded cheese.  I've used both Mozzarella or Parmesan
  • A head of uncooked broccoli chopped fine
  • I also put a spoonful of chilli powder and a spoonful of cumin
Heat up a pan with some coconut oil.  Form the quinoa mix into patties and fry them up.  Wet your hands with water when you are handling the quinoa as it is really sticky and wet hands will help you mould the patties.

Fry them on both sides for about 10 min a side, or until the are golden.

Cover in some Franks Red Hot, or Sriracha hot sauce and you have a simple and nutritious meal.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment